Being “professionals” is not just a word, it’s also an action. Our mission is to give our clients peace of mind when things are anything but peaceful. And that is exactly what you’ll get from this Colorado moving company.
Please view and feel free to print out the following moving checklist.
Four Weeks Before:
- Hold a moving sale or donate all unwanted items.
- Keep a list of items that you will need to replace.
- Check with your insurance company to find out if your goods are covered during transit.
- Start using foods and cleaning supplies that cannot be moved.
- File a change of address at your local post office.
- Get a copy of the IRS publication relevant to moving from the library. It will be easier to fill out now than when tax season rolls around.
- Stock up on boxes and packing material.
Two Weeks Before:
- Arrange for local phone service.
- Transfer your bank accounts and establish an account in your new location before the move if possible.
- Transfer prescriptions and make sure you have an adequate supply of medications on hand.
- Return any borrowed items and retrieve any loaned items.
- One Week Before:
- Start packing! As you pack begin to take inventory of your belongings.
- Confirm any travel reservations.
- Clean lawn mower and drain gas and oil from power equipment. Disconnect any spark plugs.
Two or Three Days Before:
- Disconnect and prepare major appliances for moving.
- Finish up packing. Pack a box of items that you will need immediately at your new home.
- Take down remaining curtains, blinds and shelves.
- Do a thorough cleaning, including emptying and cleaning trash cans.
- Call you Movers to Confirm their Arrival Time
- Leave a telephone number and forwarding address with a neighbor in case of emergency.
- Make sure all lights and remaining appliances are turned off.
- Take one last walk through the house and make sure everything has been packed.
- Supervise loading if using professional movers.